Goals are vital. You will hit whatever you stare at. Without goals a person, group or organization will never be effective and maximize potential. Unless goals are set it is like a person rocking in a rocking chair … There is lots of motion but he never goes anywhere.
[One caveat for goals … goals need action steps to help you reach them. How else do you know if you are progressing toward the goal?]
RULES FOR GOAL SETTING:
1. Goals must be specifically connected to the vision in order to be relevant.
2. Goals must be measurable.
3. Goals must be realistic.
4. Goals must be written down.
5. Goals must be reviewed periodically.
6. Goals must be challenging.
REASONS FOR GOAL SETTING:
1. Goals reinforce the vision.
2. Goals motivate people.
3. Goals create accountability.
4. Goals strengthen our faith.
5. Goals chart the course of action.